Call For A Free Consultation 469-845-3031

Call For A Free Consultation 469-845-3031

Securing Your
Rights & Protecting
Your Interests 

  1. Home
  2.  » 
  3. Family Law
  4.  » Child Custody And Support

Child Custody And Support

Child custody in Texas is also known as conservatorship. Both parents are responsible for the well-being of their child, including providing financial support.

When parents divorce, they both have legal rights and responsibilities as conservators to provide food, shelter, clothing and nurturing for their child or children.

Bitterness or parents’ physical distance in divorce can sometimes make conservatorship of their child difficult.

Parents can agree to a custody plan or conservatorship and visitation schedule, or standard possession order (SPO) that works in the best interest of their child, and the court will make it part of their divorce decree. If they cannot agree, the court will create these taking into consideration the various facts presented by both parties.

A child custody lawyer will help you with the finer details you may not be aware of that could be critically important in the future. At the Law Office of Michelle Poblenz, we can help you with:

  • Custody rights
  • Joint managing conservatorship (JMC)
  • Sole managing conservatorship (SMC)
  • Visitation schedule or standard possession order (SPO)
  • Child support
  • Modification of custody and support orders

Help With Establishing Paternity

When unmarried parents have a child, paternity needs to be established, which then creates a legal relationship between the child and father. There are both emotional and financial benefits for creating this legal relationship.

The child will be eligible for child support once paternity is determined. Eligibility for other advantages such as Social Security or veteran’s survivor benefits and health insurance adds to the value of establishing paternity.

Contact Ms. Poblenz when you need an attorney to help with paternity matters whether to establish or disestablish paternity.

Free Consultation With A Child Custody And Support Lawyer

Call the Law Office of Michelle Poblenz for skilled and experienced child custody and child support representation at 469-845-3031. Ms. Poblenz offers free consultations in her Irving office. You may also email your information to the office to schedule a free consultation.